I really like how the Vignette Effect in Photoshop Elements 11 minimized the “busy-ness” of the background in this picture since I wanted the real focus to be on the bunny without making the picture look too sterile.
How I wish there was a Vignette Effect Tool for Life that could help us focus on what really matters rather than getting lost in all the “busy-ness” and distractions we encounter each day.
I began this blog 44 days ago with the goal of learning photography and how to see life differently through the lens of my camera. Now, I can honestly say that I’m learning a great deal about photography, and even more about myself and life.
So far, Photography and Photoshop Elements 11 has taught me to:
- Aim for the highest and best outcome for all concerned
- Focus on the beauty each day has to offer
- Edit out the negativity of small-mindedness and pettiness and try to see the bigger picture
- Sharpen my skills and learn something new every day
- “Feather” the edges of my relationships with compassion and understanding. Less judgment and more love creates a lovely “Effect.”
- “Filter” sharp words before they are spoken and Layer them with understanding and kindness instead
I still have much to learn – about photography and life – yet I am so grateful to have made this 365-day commitment to see the world “as my camera sees it.”
Maybe I’ve found life’s Vignette Tool after all and it’s as simple as committing to a goal and going for it!